The Symposium is the premier fire safety science meeting in the world and has been organized triennially since 1985 by the International Association of Fire Safety Science (IAFSS). The program will have parallel sessions for the presentation of fully peer-reviewed papers over the five days of the Symposium, including invited lectures from the world’s top fire science researchers.
The topic areas of the papers presented at the symposium include:
- Material Behavior in Fires (including Ignition, Pyrolysis, Flame Spread, FlameRetardants, Smouldering)
- Fire Dynamics (including Compartment Fires, Pool Fires, Fire Plumes)
- Fire Emissions and Toxicity
- Tunnel Fires
- Structures in Fire
- Fire Suppression
- Wildland Fires
- Explosions and Industrial Fires
- Evacuation and Human Behavior
- Special Topics (including Fire Safety Engineering, Environmental Fire Impact, Sustainability, Fire Forensics)
The symposium will also include poster sessions were work in progress and completed research projects will be presented.